I love Christmas. I hope you do, too, because this year I’m running a series entitled Twelve Weeks of A Simple Christmas. It’s like the song Twelve Days of Christmas, except I won’t sing it. You’re welcome.
Here’s the lowdown:
This series will obviously be about twelve weeks long…unless, of course, Christmas is cancelled or I move to a country chalet in Switzerland, or I just plain quit, any of which could happen.
This is what you’ll find here over The Twelve Weeks of Christmas:
- Christ focus–SIMPLE ways to keep the Christmas focus heavenward
- a weekly goal to accomplish so the basics are ready on time and you’re not rushed. I’m talking basics.
- SIMPLE recipes–original or something I peeled off the mighty web
- SIMPLE crafts or decoration ideas–sometimes just a link and some smarmy remarks from me
- articles from me on various Christmas-related topics with a focus on keeping it SIMPLE.
- SIMPLE, yet FUN family activities
- AFFORDABLE and SIMPLE gift ideas
Notice the theme? SIMPLE!
Our missions are as follows:
- Week 1: Plan Your Schedule
- Week 2: Plan Your Budget
- Week 3: Plan Your Gifts
- Week 4: Plan Your Meals
- Week 5: Wrapping Station
- Week 6: Decoration Prep
- Week 7: Take Your Photos and Order Your Cards
- Week 8: Mail Cards and Freeze Cookie Dough
- Week 9: Wrap and Deliver Gifts
- Week 10: Laundry (Church Outfits, Guest Bedding, Table Cloth, Gift PJs)
- Week 11: Wrap Up Loose Ends
- Week 12: Help Others
If you’re looking for a Martha Stewart Christmas or an over-booked calendar, oops…you’re on the wrong blog. Sorry–except I’m not. If you’re interested in spending more time enjoying the people in your life and the pillow in your bedroom, and less time running around like a frazzled frazzly thing, stick around!
Also, check out my book, From Frazzled to Festive: Finding Joy and Meaning in a Simple Christmas. It will give your head an overhaul and help you put the joy back in Christmas, which is a great pre-Christmas gift for anyone!
Make sure you subscribe so you don’t miss out on any Christmas updates. You can also follow my Christmas pinboard where these links will be posted regularly…unless of course I move to Switzerland or Christmas is cancelled. It could happen.
If there’s anything specific, simple, and doable you would like to see here over the Twelve Weeks of Christmas, or if there is a topic you would like me to ramble about from my simple perspective, please leave a comment. I love your comments…unless you’re a spammer. Then…not so much.
What would you like to see here in the next twelve weeks?