Simple Rhubarb Pie Recipe
Author: The Simple Homemaker
Recipe type: Dessert
- 4 (hefty) cups fresh rhubarb, cut into ¼-1 inch pieces
- 1⅓ cups sugar (scant)
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 double pie crust
- Position the bottom crust in the pie pan
- Combine sugar and flour in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle a layer of flour/sugar in the bottom crust.
- Pile the rhubarb in the crust.
- Sprinkle the rest of the flour/sugar over the top.
- Cut the butter into little pieces and place them on the rhubarb.
- Add the top crust. Crimp.
- Bake at 450 for 15 minutes on the bottom rack with a cookie sheet under the pie pan to catch drips.
- Lower the temperature to 350 and bake another 35-45 minutes, depending on your oven. Cover the edges with aluminum foil if it gets dark too quickly.
- Serve warm or cold.
Recipe by The Simple Homemaker at http://www.thesimplehomemaker.com/very-simple-rhubarb-pie-recipe